Removable Partial Denture Care Instructions in Jackson, Michigan
Removable Partial Dentures?
Removable Partial Dentures
Adjusting to Your Partial Dentures With Confidence
Upon receiving your partial, it is anticipated that you will need time to adjust to wearing it. While not all patients have the same experience, we want you to know that you are not alone. Many patients go through the following challenges, so we want you to be armed with solutions that can help you in overcoming them!
- Sore spots can be easily relieved by adjusting your partial.
- Do not attempt to do this yourself! Please contact our office.
- It may take some time to adapt to speaking with your partial.
- Reading out loud has proven to help speed up this process and to help you build confidence so you are ready to speak in a public setting.
- Chewing certain foods may be a challenge at first.
Caring For Your Appliance
- After eating, remove the partial denture and brush or rinse.
- Brush and floss 2-3 times daily to keep them free of food debris.
- Remove your partial denture and proceed with brushing and flossing your remaining natural teeth.
- After brushing your partial dentures with your special brush, store it in the provided case! This container is an ideal case for nightly storage and it will help prevent an accidental disposal of your partial!
- It is also important to keep your partial out of the reach of family pets. They can quickly turn your partial into an expensive chew toy.
Education and Experience
The Watterson Way
Dr. Scott Watterson
Many people would define cosmetic dentistry by what they’ve seen on “extreme makeover” type shows. However, subtle changes can be just as effective at improving a smile, as well as someone’s confidence about smiling.
Many have the misconception that all cosmetic services are incredibly expensive or long, drawn out procedures, which discourages them from moving forward with what they truly want.
Dr. Watterson uses the most conservative treatment possible, while pursuing your maximum health and function. Our cosmetic care is specifically tailored to your needs, concerns, and how you want your smile to shine in the end.
Serving as a general dentist for 25 years, I have developed and curated a passion for cosmetic dentistry in all its facets. I believe that form follows function and that is the basis of my practice. When your teeth are able to function the way you need them to, beautiful form naturally follows.
My desire is for the work of my hands to reach beyond the individual to impact everyone who is graced with their smile.
IT'S A TRUST THING
Hear From Our Patients
We can say what we want about ourselves, but the proof is in the pudding. Hear from our patients about their experiences at Watterson Dentistry.
Before And After
Embrace the Power of Confidence: Get Your Dentures Today
Invest in yourself now – dentures are known for their long-lasting relief from missing teeth, so take advantage of this opportunity to improve your quality of life.